The fruitful Historic England London meeting was followed, on February 14th, by a further stakeholder’s activity with a visit at the Historic Royal Palaces of Hampton Court located in East Molesey Surrey.
The meeting chaired by the Fire and Emergency Planning Adviser and the Superintendent of the Royal Collection covered the following following subjects:
- The HRP model for collections salvage – an overview of how HRP and fire service will cooperate
- HRP’s Major Incident Plan.
- The palace salvage teams – recruitment, structure and training
- Priority plans – development and information required by fire service
- Emergency Communications – cascade notification systems
- The immediate recovery phase – stabilisation
- Collections Management System – inventory control
- Specialist contractors – role of insurance company
- Exercises and testing.
Afterward a visit of the seat of government under the Tudors Palace was made.