The overall planning approach and strategy relies on the following milestones:
- MS1 (Month 12): Overall STORM fundamentals: Achievements: first analysis of the fundamentals needs, methodologies, policies, system specs and innovation strategy.
- MS2 (Month 18): First prototype complete: Achievements: a first fully working, albeit functionally more limited version of the overall STORM solutions will be ready, launching of the STORM community.
- MS3 (Month 24): In field evaluation of first prototype complete: Achievements: 1st phase of the trials started. Final innovation strategy, sustainability model and first version of the training plan.
- MS4 (Month 28) Second and final fully working, functionally complete version of the overall STORM solutions ready: Achievements: Advanced integrated trials.
- MS5 (Month 32): In field evaluation of first prototype: Achievements: 2° phase of the trials completed including recommendations for government policies.
- MS6 (Month 36): Project complete: Achievements: completion of all activities included dissemination, business planning, and policy recommendations.