Nova Conservação (PT)
Founded in 1994, Nova Conservação, Lda (NC) is a Portuguese private company dedicated to the design, management and execution of projects for the conservation, restoration and maintenance of cultural Heritage (www.ncrestauro.pt).
NC team is composed by graduated restorers, among which there are professionals with 30 years of international experience in the diagnosis, conservation/restoration and maintenance of monuments (some at the UNESCO list), archaeological sites and works of art in different materials. They have been working/collaborating in projects in Portugal, Italy, Argentina, China, India and Iran. The company also has among its collaborators architects with a consistent (twenty years) experience, namely, in the area of the conservation and restoration of cultural heritage, namely in the public sector, directing and coordinating conservation-restoration projects.
Conservation interventions such as the one of the Belem Tower, in Lisbon, and that of the Monastery of Santa Clara-a-Velha, in Coimbra were distinguished by the EUROPA NOSTRA organization.
NC works for State organisms, municipalities and private clients, and cooperates with research laboratories and universities.
The company’s Quality and Safety integrated management system has been certified by ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 international norms since 2009.
Role in the Project
NCR will mainly participate in WP 1 Fundamentals, Methodologies, and Processes, WP2 Recommendations for Policies and Government processes WP5 Risk Management and hazard mitigation tools.
For its experience and knowledge NC is the ideal partner for this project, developing the following main tasks:
- Participate in hazard identification, and in the analysis of the potential vulnerabilities and risks that can affect the integrity and preservation of Cultural Resources
- Participate in the definition of mitigation strategy and actions, and the implementation of the mitigation strategy and plan;
- Participate in the definition of the best systems for real time monitoring and damage assessment of the cultural heritage;
- To plan the restoration treatments establishing the best conditions for preservation of the goods, and to participate in the evaluation of the efficacy and durability of protective and consolidating treatments;
- Provide innovative products, methodologies and practices for more reliable maintenance, immediate restoration and long-term conservation of the Cultural Heritage assets, preserving their historic and cultural integrity.